A Light And Sturdy Wheel-Tyre System, With High End Yksion Elite Tyres, And Wide And Light Ism Rims
LIGHT AND WIDE:
- ISM machined, welded rims
- 17mm internal width for low rolling resistance and extra comfort
- 25mm Light Yksion Elite tyres
STIFF AND DYNAMIC:
- Isopulse lacing
- Optimized bearing placement
- Straight pull bladed spokes deliver optimal stiffness
THE USUAL MAVIC DURABILITY:
- H2 reinforced spoke holes
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Welded rim for strength and braking efficiency
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Yksion Elite
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 120 TPI
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- BR101 quick releases
- Rim tape
- User guide
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels dont exceed 120kg, bike included
EFFICIENCY & RIGIDITY:
SAFETY & RELIABILITY:
- UB Control
- Tyre 700x25: 215 grams
- Tyre 700x23: 205 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1690 grams
- Front without tyre: 765 grams
- Rear without tyre: 925 grams
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Height: 21 mm
- Height: 24 mm
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: traditional with H2 reinforcement
- Brake track: UB Control
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- Internal width: 17 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
Force Transfer System Light
Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Optimum energy transfer
The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance
Qualité de Roulements Mavic
Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
- High efficiency thanks to low play and tight tolerances
- High durability
Local strengthening of the rim in the area where the spokes exert the greatest stress.
- Improves rims life expectancy
- Resistance to micro cracking
Stronger and smoother joint
Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Usiné Brut Control
The braking surfaces are precisely CNC machined.
- Improves braking friction
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
Inter Spoke Milling:
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.
-Up to 40 grams lighter for easier climbing
-Low inertia for effortless acceleration
Shipping And Handling Orders up to €50 Ireland or Northern Ireland will incur a €4.99 p+p charge. Orders above €50 are delivered free of charge.
Orders outside of Ireland incur an extra shipping charge, depending on location and total cost. We subsidise shipping as much as possible, whilst using reputable shipping companies to ensure the best and safest possible delivery to you.
We despatch your order within 24 hours (standard shipping days, Monday - Friday) where items are in stock. Orders received before 11.30am that are in stock will be despatched on the same day. We endeavour to despatch orders received before 2.30pm on the same day but cannot guarantee it. Overnight delivery is used for Ireland and Northern Ireland. 48 hour delivery as standard to the UK mainland (e.g. if we despatch Monday, you will usually receive Wednesday). International orders are generally received in under 7 working days. Please note that the couriers will not guarantee the above delivery times but they hold true almost always.
You must inform us within two working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
For orders made from and/or delivery to Ireland or the European Union, 23% VAT is included where applicable. All other orders are VAT free.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 30 working days for a refund less the cost to us of shipping the goods to you initially. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 15 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty or mis-described.
Any goods returned must be in the same perfect condition as when purchased. Some items cannot be accepted for return due to safety or hygiene reasons - Cycle Helmets are included in this category currently.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
Warranty Returns Policy
Please either call into the shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your purchase as follows:
If you are emailing, we will contact you to find out more information about the issue before you send the goods back to us. You will need to pay return postage to us, we will pay the postage of the replaced / repaired item back to you.
All returns to The Edge Sports either by post or to our shop MUST be in a clean condition or for Health and Safety reasons the returns manager will not be able to accept them.